Major* - The main educational program defined by students for study in order to form key competencies
Strategic partners of EP:
- Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Chemical and Biological Direction in Almaty;
- School-Gymnasium No 59.
The purpose of the EP: Training the competitive specialists in the education system of the Republic of Kazakhstan with fundamental knowledge to implement pedagogical activities in the field of biology teaching.
Employment - 100%:
The graduate of this Educational Programme can find employment in comprehensive and specialized secondary schools, lycées, colleges, grammar schools, education departments, teacher training institutions, as well as research organizations of biological, health, medical and biological profile, publishing houses and methodological offices, preparation of General and special projects in design and construction sites (landscaping, water treatment, reclamation, planning, for example, agrobiostations, stations of young naturalists).
1)Institutional accreditation: The educational program is accredited by an Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating, certificate No. 12018901, for 24.06.2019 – 23.05.2024. Registration number No. AB2451.
The rating of the educational program:
- IААR – 2 place, 2019;
- IQAA –6 place, 2019;
- «Atameken» – 10 place, 2019.
Types of professional activities:
Bachelors of the educational program 6В01509 – «Biology»
can perform the following types of professional activities:
- educational (pedagogical);
- teaching and up-bringing;
- educational and technological;
- social and pedagogical;
- experimental and research;
- organizational and administrative.
Additional program Minor “Basics of biotechnology”
Training of biotechnology specialists with basic knowledge in basic and profiling disciplines, adapted to the requirements of the labour market and technologies, able to work in the team.
Results of training
- a graduate is able to describe methods of micro-clonal propagation of plants;
- a graduate is able to explain how monoclonal antibodies are produced;
- a graduate is to discuss ethical issues and legal regulation of research in biotechnology;
- a graduate is able to explain methods for producing the recombinant DNA;
- a graduate is able to compare plant and animal cloning features.
“Basics of biotechnology” is a discipline that studies the possibilities of using living organisms, their systems or their life products for solving the technological problems, as well as the possibilities of creating living organisms with the necessary properties by genetic engineering. Biotechnology is based on genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, embryology and cell biology.
Additional program Minor – represents a set of disciplines and (or) modules and other types of educational work, defined by the student to study in order to form additional competencies.