6B11101 – Tourism
- Online reception 2023-2024
Form of study:
6B11101 – «Tourism»
Amount of credits: 240 ECTS
Admission Committee contacts
+7 727 237 00 77
+7 727 237 18 52
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
+7 727 237 00 27
+7 727 237 4101
Major* - The main educational program defined by students for study in order to form key competencies
Strategic partners of EP:
- Tourism Department of Almaty ;
- Eurasian National University named after L.N.Gumilyov.
The purpose of the EP: Preparation of a bachelor of services who can combine theoretical knowledge with practice, possess ethical skills and business qualities.
Employment - 100%:
Graduates can work in the following organizations and institutions:
- travel agencies;
- tour operator companies;
- hotel business;
- general education institutions (colleges, universities etc.);
- centers for training specialists in the tourism industry;
- the organization making the booking of tickets;
- excursion office;
- leisure companies, etc.
Types of professional activities:
Bachelors of the educational program 6B11101 – «Tourism» can perform the following types of professional activities:
- Educational (pedagogical);
- training middle-level specialists in tourism;
- educational and technological;
- experimental research;
- service and operational;
- search and preventive;
- instructor in tourist excursion institutions;
- in marketing services of tourist enterprises;
- consulting companies in the tourism industry;
- employees in public administration organizations in the field of tourism business;
- managers managing public and private companies in the field of tourism;
- these are heads of tourist complexes (hotel business, restaurant business, transport service of tourists, etc.);
- in advertising agencies providing tourist services to foreign markets;
- in various sectors of tourism infrastructure.
Additional program Minor "Entrepreneur of tourism business"
preparation of bachelors with high financial literacy to conduct financial analysis and planning in the organization of tourism business and entrepreneurship in order to develop tourism in modern market conditions, who possess business law in tourism, are able to solve professional problems in business, meet the requirements of employers and the needs of the labor market.
General characteristics of the program. Entrepreneurship is an organization of activities of various economic entities created for the purpose of generating income. Economic entities are enterprises of various scales: manufacturing enterprises, farms, retail outlets, banks, law offices, enterprises of the sphere of activity, historical and cultural, natural recreational lands, etc. In the preparation of the business project it is necessary to consider accounting, project justification, consideration of the scope of activities, availability of funds, the ability to register their business, financial literacy for financial analysis and planning, business law in tourism.
The purpose of the program is to provide an active business entrepreneur for the tourism sector. Tasks: to prepare students for independent business activities by studying the technology of entrepreneurial thinking; to give entrepreneurs the theoretical foundations of business plans; to expand knowledge in pricing policy, to minimize production costs.
Fundamentals of scientific activity:
- business consolidation and organization of types of business;
- analysis of the business environment: sales concepts, marketing concepts;
- formation of business structures and components in the field of tourism;
- adoption of the basics of management and marketing in the company's management activities;
- design, development, execution of entrepreneurial thinking;
- creation of entrepreneurial and business projects;
- organization of private entrepreneurship;
Advantages of this program: the opportunity to become a highly professional entrepreneur who can effectively promote the tourism business by organizing a business and mastering the basics of entrepreneurship, financial literacy and business law.
Engage in private business in the field of tourism.
Additional program Minor – represents a set of disciplines and (or) modules and other types of educational work, defined by the student to study in order to form additional competencies.